Everyone knows Rabbi Yechiel Spero: best-selling author, popular lecturer, and of course, master story teller. His books are filled with stories that are known for their touching nature and inspirational values. Just in time for Chanukah, Rabbi Spero is back … Continue reading
It’s the cookbook everyone’s been talking about:
Secret Restaurant Recipes by Leah Schapira and Victoria Dwek
The finest restaurants. The most talented chefs. The most delicious food. All in your kitchen.
Want to recreate the popular dishes from your favorite Kosher restaurants? Get your copy of Secret Restaurant Recipes and discover the secrets of the world’s best kosher chefs.
- Dozens of family-friendly recipes for any day of the week
- Exquisite full color photos for every dish
- Secret techniques & cooking tips direct from the chefs
- Complete menus for your special occasions and holidays
Recreate the recipes of… • The Prime Grill, New York City • Soyo, London • Trattoria Haba, Jerusalem • Pizza Pita, Montreal • Café Rimon, Jerusalem • My Most Favorite Food, New York City • Wolf & Lamb Steakhouse, New York City • Etc. Steakhouse, Teaneck • The Urban Grill, Mexico City • Red Heifer Steakhouse, Jerusalem • Reserve Cut, New York City • Citron & Rose, Philadelphia • Basil Pizza, Brooklyn • Milk Street Café, Boston • Mocha Bleu, Teaneck • Darna, Panama City • Milt’s BBQ, Chicago • Gam Gam Kosher, Venice • Tierra Sur, Los Angeles • Java Café, Toronto & dozens more
Be the first to own this magnificent new cookbook – enter to win a pre-release copy!
To enter, comment on this post with your favorite restaurant dish.
Giveaway ends 11/5/14.
**Giveaway ends on Wednesday, November 5th at 11:59 pm eastern time. Prize can be shipped within the USA. Winner will be notified via email and will have 48 hours to respond. Valid email address must be provided to claim prize. Limit one entry per person.
Treat your family and guests to a magnificent meal with six free recipes from ArtScroll’s best-selling cookbooks. Scroll down for free downloadable recipe cards, or click the images below to view the individual recipes larger on your screen.
We’re excited to announce the forthcoming addition to ArtScroll’s best-selling collection of cookbooks:
Secret Restaurant Recipes: from the world’s top kosher restaurants
Release date: 11/14/14. Click here to pre-order your copy.
This innovative new cookbook is like nothing you’ve seen before. Veteran kosher food writers, Leah Schapira and Victoria Dwek take you on a global culinary tour of over 70 top kosher restaurants from all over the world. They’ll introduce you to the restaurants, the cuisine, and the chefs who produce the food. This book is filled with over 80 recipes, plus tips, tricks and techniques from acclaimed chefs. With recipes for special occasions and every day meals, all of which have been adapted for home use by Leah and Victoria, this book will soon become your new favorite.
Keep on checking The Official ArtScroll blog as we’ll be sharing behind the scenes information, author interviews, and giveaways. In the meantime, we’re giving an exclusive, pre-release recipe to our readers. To further assist in your Succos meal planning, we’ve put together an entire menu from ArtScroll’s extensive cookbook collections – available as a free download!
Scroll down for free downloadable recipe cards, or click the images to view the individual recipes larger on your screen.
Appetizer: Teriyaki Salmon Skewers from Fresh and Easy:
Soup: Winter White Soup from Kosher by Design Entertains:
Main Course: Braised Short Ribs from the forthcoming Secret Restaurant Recipes:
Side: Silan Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Leeks from Kosher by Design Cooking Coach:
Side: Pecan, Basil and Green Bean Salad from Starters and Sides Made Easy:
Dessert: Cappuccino Mousse from Kosher by Design Teens and 20-Somethings:
Click here to preorder your copy of Secret Restaurant Recipes.
If you like these recipes, your friends will love them too! Please share using any of the sharing options below.
Imagine a life free of worry, of stress, of anxiety. This life could be yours, and Rabbi David Ashear’s new book, Living Emunah is here to show you how. Rabbi Ashear’s Daily Emunah talks have taken the world by storm. Thousands have internalized his life amazing lessons.
Now his life changing lessons are combined into ArtScroll’s newest masterpiece, and for this week’s free download, we’re giving our blog readers a chance to experience it this hot new release.
If you enjoyed this download, make sure to share it with a friend using one of the sharing icons below.
On Tuesday we fasted for Shivah Assar B’Tammuz, marking the beginning of saddest weeks of the Jewish calendar. During the three weeks, and leading up to Tisha B’av, we mourn the destruction of Jerusalem and the Bais Hamikdash, the holy Temple, and our current exile in galus.
Our sages teach us the importance of feeling a deep longing for for mashiach and the days of redemption. But achieving that seep inner longing is much easier said than done. How does one go about feeling that burning desire in the depths of their heart? How does one really learn to feel that yearning?
The answers lie within Yearning With Fire by Rabbi Heshy Kleinman, author of the best-selling and revolutionary Praying With Fire books.The deep insights and inspirational messages surrounding this important topic are broken down into daily learning segments. In just five minutes each day, you can change your outlook on life, and approach this Tisha B’av with the proper thoughts and feelings about galus and geulah.
To help you prepare for the nine days and tisha b’av, we’re offering you a sampler download of Yearning With Fire. Download it. Print it. Learn it. Be inspired! And of course, please tell your friends about this valuable resource available from ArtScroll: every Thursday we offer an inspirational Torah download, related to the weekly parasha or other timely topics.
- Click here to purchase Yearning With Fire
- Click here for all books by Rabbi Heshy Kleinman
- Click here for books on The Three Weeks and Tisha B’av
Rabbi Nachman Seltzer is renowned for his captivating stories, for their dramatic twists and turns and for their inspirational messages. In his newest release, 48, Seltzer brings his stories to the important topic of the 48 ways to Torah wisdom – and helps you incorporate these 48 ways into your own life.
Each of the 48 ways are explained in their own chapter, each featuring true stories of real people who have internalized and acted upon these messages.
This week’s free download is the chapter on the 25th way: Being Happy with One’s Lot. Enjoy the inspiration and insight in this chapter, then head on over to ArtScroll.com to get your copy so you can start learning the rest of the ways to acquire Torah wisdom.
The answer? GPS! Navigation for Your Soul. Translating the brilliant concepts of the Nesivos Shalom into contemporary and easy to understand terms, GPS! is your guide to navigating life’s challenges.
To give you an idea of the clever layout, engaging design and of course, thought-provoking content that are showcased in GPS!, we’re giving our readers an opportunity to download a sample chapter from this new book.
Click here to order a copy of GPS! Navigation For Your Soul. Don’t forget: you can get 20% off this book and all ArtScroll books during our June Sale!
**Did you enter our giveaway? One of our readers will win the chance to choose their own prize!*
**Last day to enter for your chance to win a complete ArtScroll Talmud – valued at $2999! Click here for your free entry!**
The latest release in our Made Easy cookbook series, Dairy Made Easy, is just in time to help you prepare your dairy meals for shavuos. To help you get started, we’ve prepared a sample menu, compiled from all four Made Easy cookbooks.
You can print the PDFs by clicking the links below, or you can scroll down for image files of the recipes. Make sure to read our helpful tips from the authors and the handy make-ahead and freezer guide!
Menu (Click the links for a downloadable PDF):
Make ahead and freezer friendly food guide:
Many of the recipes in Dairy Made Easy can be made ahead, making your Yom Tov prep much easier. Here is a list of make-ahead tips and instructions.
- Many appetizers that get fried such as Arancini Balls (page 28) and Broccoli Spring Rolls (page 30) can be prepared ahead and frozen, then fried fresh.
- Pizza doughs, such as the Bistro Style Pizza Dough (page 70) and the 30 minute Thin Crust Pizza Dough (page 72) can be prepared ahead and frozen, then defrosted before using.
- For the Roasted Veggie Galete (page 36), let it thaw completely before rewarming. If you try to reheat it straight from the freezer, the dough will thaw much faster than the veggies.
- Herbed Pull Apart Bread (page 79) can be prepared completely and frozen. Reheat before serving.
- Many blended soups, such as the Cauliflower and Lemon soup (page 50) and the Broccoli Cheddar soup (page 46) freeze nicely.
- To prepare the Baked Roasted Veggie Pasta (page 94) ahead, make each component separately and reheat them together just before serving.
- Pasta sauces (see chapter on pasta, starting on page 82) can be frozen up to a month. Cook the pasta fresh, and warm up together with the sauce.
- All desserts in Dairy Made Easy (other than Peanut Butter Crème Brule) can be frozen fully prepared.
- Three Cheese Quiche (page 34) can be frozen after baking and reheated just before serving.
- Calsones (page 90) freeze nicely. When you defrost them, leave uncovered for a crunchy dish, or cover it while reheating for a softer dish.
- Salad dressings can be made up to a week in advance and stored in the fridge.
Holiday Cooking Tips from Leah and Victoria:
There will be enough pastries to go around. Instead, prepare and serve a couple of (easy-to-make-ahead) frozen desserts. Shavuos signals the beginning of summer, and everyone will be appreciative when you bring refreshing treats out from the freezer. I’m making Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream (from Dairy Made Easy) in little mason jars and Rice Krispie Ice Cream Sandwiches (from Kids Cooking Made Easy) for the kids. – Victoria Dwek
Even if you’ll be preparing your meals fresh, get as many components as you can out of the way in advance. For example, prepare your salad dressings in advance. Balance your menu with items you can prep ahead, like Arancini balls (fry fresh!) and quick to assemble sides like cauliflower garlic bites. – Leah Schapira
Print or Share the Recipe Cards:
The Question: How Do You Make Your Seder Dynamic, Lively, and Spirited? The Answer Is… The Pesach Haggadah: The Answer Is…
Interactive: To have participants ask good questions. And get great answers.
This Pesach, we’ve got more than 300 questions – and over 1,000 answers! – for Seder night, guaranteed to make your Seder table a particularly lively and dynamic place. They’re all here, in The Pesach Haggadah: The Answer Is…
The Pesach Haggadah: The Answer Is… was a major bestseller in its original Hebrew, and for good reason. This engrossing and unusual Haggadah takes us through every facet of the Seder and the Pesach story by asking questions and offering answers from more than two hundred commentators
For our weekly learning download, we are sharing a sample chapter from this popular new Haggadah.
Aimed at teaching children how to cook, the book is chock full of recipes that your kids will love – whether you cook it for them, or your kids cook it themselves! Kids Cooking Made Easy features 60 brand new recipes, each with a beautiful color photo, suggestions, and helpful tips. The innovative page layout of this book ensures that with each page, your children will become better cooks.
To get you started, we are sharing two delicious recipes from Kids Cooking Made Easy. First, an easy weeknight supper that kids of all ages (and their parents too!) will enjoy.
Honey BBQ Chicken Nuggets:
Excerpted from Kids Cooking Made Easy, By Leah Schapira and Victoria Dwek. Published by Artscroll.
Yields: 4-6 servings
1½ lb chicken cutlets, cut into nuggets
2 Tbsp oil
6 Tbsp honey
6 Tbsp ketchup
1 tsp yellow mustard
½ tsp chili powder (optional)
1½-2 cups panko crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, combine oil, honey, ketchup, mustard, and chili powder (optional). Use a spoon to stir the mixture until smooth. Pour half the sauce into a separate bowl to use as the dipping sauce; set aside.
3. Place panko crumbs into another bowl.
4. Dip chicken nuggets into the honey mixture and coat completely. Then, press into panko crumbs until chicken is fully coated on all sides.
5. Place chicken on prepared baking sheet. Spray the top of the nuggets with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 25 minutes. For extra-crispy nuggets, turn the chicken halfway through the cooking time, baking for 12-13 minutes per side.
6. Serve with dipping sauce that you set aside in step 2.
Next, every kid’s favorite food – now in soup form!
Excerpted from Kids Cooking Made Easy, By Leah Schapira and Victoria Dwek. Published by Artscroll.
Yield: 4-6 servings
2 Tbsp oil or butter
1 small onion, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 (28-oz) can crushed tomatoes
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp garlic powder
2 cups milk
¼ cup water
½ cup shredded cheese, plus more for garnish, optional
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Using a wooden spoon, sauté until onion is soft, 5-7 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes and cook for 8-10 minutes. Add sugar, salt, basil, garlic powder, milk, and water and stir to combine. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add cheese. Stir until cheese is melted. Ladle soup into bowls to serve.
- Garnish with additional shredded cheese (optional).