Everyone knows Rabbi Yechiel Spero: best-selling author, popular lecturer, and of course, master story teller. His books are filled with stories that are known for their touching nature and inspirational values. Just in time for Chanukah, Rabbi Spero is back … Continue reading
Rav Shlomo Wolbe zt’l — “The Mashgiach” — was one of the towering Torah personalities of the twentieth century, the quintessential educator who helped take the torch of the pre-war Mussar Movement and reignite it in the modern world. His teachings and his many sefarim, including Alei Shur, are classics of Jewish thought and hashkafah, studied and beloved throughout the Torah world.
For decades, Rav Wolbe gave regular discourses on the Torah, focusing his penetrating insight, broad knowledge, and profound understanding on the weekly parashah. In Rav Wolbe on Chumash Rabbi Yitzchok Caplan, Rav Wolbe’s grandson, has collected Rav Wolbe’s teachings, both from his weekly lectures and from his many sefarim, and melded them into a deep and yet accessible Torah work.
Rav Wolbe on Chumash is a perfect book for the Shabbos table, or for any time we want to follow the wise guidance of this revered master of mussar.
In honor of this new release, we’re offering a free download of this week’s parashah, Lech Lecha:
If you like this, share it! Your friends will appreciate you spreading the word. Use any of the sharing icons below.
The user-friendly Seif Edition Transliterated Siddur has a phrase-by-phrase English transliteration alongside the Hebrew text with the translation directly below – so you have the best of three worlds. These selections comprise the essence of the fFriday night Sabbath meal.
Use it! Enjoy it! Have a great Shabbos!
Download these selections and print it for all of your guests – perfect for those who don’t read Hebrew.
If you enjoyed this download, purchase a copy for yourself or your guest:
Treat your family and guests to a magnificent meal with six free recipes from ArtScroll’s best-selling cookbooks. Scroll down for free downloadable recipe cards, or click the images below to view the individual recipes larger on your screen.
We’re excited to announce the forthcoming addition to ArtScroll’s best-selling collection of cookbooks:
Secret Restaurant Recipes: from the world’s top kosher restaurants
Release date: 11/14/14. Click here to pre-order your copy.
This innovative new cookbook is like nothing you’ve seen before. Veteran kosher food writers, Leah Schapira and Victoria Dwek take you on a global culinary tour of over 70 top kosher restaurants from all over the world. They’ll introduce you to the restaurants, the cuisine, and the chefs who produce the food. This book is filled with over 80 recipes, plus tips, tricks and techniques from acclaimed chefs. With recipes for special occasions and every day meals, all of which have been adapted for home use by Leah and Victoria, this book will soon become your new favorite.
Keep on checking The Official ArtScroll blog as we’ll be sharing behind the scenes information, author interviews, and giveaways. In the meantime, we’re giving an exclusive, pre-release recipe to our readers. To further assist in your Succos meal planning, we’ve put together an entire menu from ArtScroll’s extensive cookbook collections – available as a free download!
Scroll down for free downloadable recipe cards, or click the images to view the individual recipes larger on your screen.
Appetizer: Teriyaki Salmon Skewers from Fresh and Easy:
Soup: Winter White Soup from Kosher by Design Entertains:
Main Course: Braised Short Ribs from the forthcoming Secret Restaurant Recipes:
Side: Silan Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Leeks from Kosher by Design Cooking Coach:
Side: Pecan, Basil and Green Bean Salad from Starters and Sides Made Easy:
Dessert: Cappuccino Mousse from Kosher by Design Teens and 20-Somethings:
Click here to preorder your copy of Secret Restaurant Recipes.
If you like these recipes, your friends will love them too! Please share using any of the sharing options below.
The father, Rabbi Rephael Pelovitz, is an internationally-respected rabbi. The son, Dr. David Pelcovitz, is a world-renowned psychologist. They teamed up to co-author Life in the Balance. This new release draws on both timeless Torah wisdom and modern psychological smarts to … Continue reading
With so many exciting new releases, it’s hard for us to choose which book to giveaway next. So we decided to let you choose!
Would you like to win:
1) Life In the Balance – The father-son team that authored this groundbreaking book consists of a well respected rabbi and a world-renowned psychologist. Together they present a refreshing view on life – and how to improve yours – drawing from the timeless wisdom of the Torah and the timely wisdom of modern psychology.
2) Living Emunah – Why do thousands of people tune in to listen to Rabbi David Ashear’s lectures on Emunah? Probably because they teach their readers how to live a worry free life. Who wouldn’t want that? You can experience the tranquility and peace that comes along with learning Emunah too…and this book will show you how.
3) We’re All In This Together – Rabbi Yissocher Frand is one of our generations most respected and sought-after lecturers and authors, and for good reason. His clear reasoning, his powerful way of presenting his ideas, his stories and humor – they’re all a part of why tens of thousands of people have been inspired by Rabbi Frand’s lessons. Now those lessons are presented in book form, with essays on timely topics related to the challenges that all of us face.
4) Let There Be Rain – With his Ohr Naava women’s learning center, Rabbi Zechariah Wallerstein has transformed the landscape of torah for women. And now he’s joined forces with one of today’s best-selling Torah authors, Rabbi Shimon Finkelman, to transform your life with a unique perspective on gratitude. Conveniently arranged for daily study, this is a book that will change your life.
Giveaway is over! Congratulations to Edwin Maltzman on winning Living Emunah!
So which one do you want? Tell us for your chance to win!
To enter the giveaway: Comment on this post letting us know which of these new books you would like to win. One winner will be chosen at random and we will send them the book of their choice. **Giveaway ends on Monday, September 22nd at 11:59 pm eastern time. Prize can be shipped within the USA. Winner will be notified via email and will have 48 hours to respond. Valid email address must be provided to claim prize. Limit one entry per person.
Make sure you never miss a giveaway, sale, or other exciting news – subscribe to our blog emails using the sidebar link on the right.
What are you thankful for? When was the last time you really though about gratitude? In this new release from ArtScroll, Let There Be Rain, popular teacher and lecturer Rabbi Zechariah Wallerstein teamed up with best-selling author Rabbi Shimon Finkelman … Continue reading
With Rosh Hashanah just two weeks away, many of you are probably cooking and baking for Rosh Hashanah, or at least thinking about your holiday menus. Well, with over 15 popular kosher cookbooks under our belts here at ArtScroll, we’re … Continue reading
Rosh Chodesh Elul means one very important thing: Rosh Hashanah is just a month away. The time to start preparing yourself and stock up on inspirational reading material is now. Don’t wait until it’s too late! Spend this month learning and reading books and seforim that will inspire you to do teshuvah and better yourself.
Here are ten great books to guide you through this time of awe – order today to make sure you get them in time for the High Holy Days!
1) ArtScroll Machzor: For years, the ArtScroll Machzorim have guided Jews all over the world through the High Holy Days prayers. With seven different layout options, we have the right fit for everyone. Browse our innovative Machzor Shop to find the one that’s right for you.
2) The Power of Teshuvah: Best-selling author Rabbi Heshy Kleinman has changed the way people approach davening with his Praying With Fire books. And now, in just a few minutes a day, you’ll learn about the power of Teshuvah, it’s laws and significance, as well as strategies to make sure your repentance lasts.
3) Twerski on Machzor: Rosh Hashanah: The wisdom and insights of Rabbi Abraham J. Twerski, M.D. are renowned throughout the world. With this guide to Rosh Hashanah davening, he’ll take your hand and guide you through the prayers of Rosh Hashanah with insights and stories to inspire you and enrich your holiday.
4) Twerski on Machzor: Yom Kippur: Just like the Rosh Hashanah companion, Rabbi Abraham J. Twerski, M.D. guides you through the prayers and practices of Yom Kippur – starting with the significance of Erev Yom Kippur, right through Ne’ilah.
5) Pathway To Prayer: If you’ve ever found yourself lost during the Amidah portion of the Rosh Hashanah or Yom Kippur davening, or you feel that you don’t understand the words well enough and want to add a whole new level of understanding and meaning to your davening, this is the book for you. Line by line, Rabbi Mayer Birnbaum provides an in-depth translation to the Shemonah Esrei portion of the prayers, ensuring that you understand – and mean -ever word you recite.
6) Mesilas Yesharim (Coming soon in pocket sized!): This historic work from ArtScroll makes the classic mussar work of the Ramchal understandable and relatable to its readers. With phrase by phrase translation, extensive notes and unique insights, this sefer will help you live Mesilas Yesharim.
7) Lights Along the Way – In this moving book, Rabbi Abraham J. Twerski, M.D. demonstrates, through the text of Mesilas Yesharim, how we can better ourselves and improves our lives.
8) A Touch of Purity: With his unique ability to inspire and touch his readers, Rabbi Yechiel Spero shares stories and insights into the mitzvah of Teshuvah. The perfect companion for the Elul and the Aseres Yemei Teshuvah, this book will give you inspiration as well as practical advice for the repentance process.
9) Inspiring Days: Featuring writings from top Jewish authors, this book give you timely insights into important issues such as connecting with the holiday prayers, becoming a better person, and achieving your personal goals.
10) Stories that Awaken the Heart: We are taught that this is a time of year to wake up and repent. This book will wake your heart and rejuvinate you and your will to do teshuvah through stories told by master storyteller and best-selling author Rabbi Binyomen Pruzansky.
Imagine a life free of worry, of stress, of anxiety. This life could be yours, and Rabbi David Ashear’s new book, Living Emunah is here to show you how. Rabbi Ashear’s Daily Emunah talks have taken the world by storm. Thousands have internalized his life amazing lessons.
Now his life changing lessons are combined into ArtScroll’s newest masterpiece, and for this week’s free download, we’re giving our blog readers a chance to experience it this hot new release.
If you enjoyed this download, make sure to share it with a friend using one of the sharing icons below.