The father, Rabbi Rephael Pelovitz, is an internationally-respected rabbi. The son, Dr. David Pelcovitz, is a world-renowned psychologist. They teamed up to co-author Life in the Balance. This new release draws on both timeless Torah wisdom and modern psychological smarts to … Continue reading
With so many exciting new releases, it’s hard for us to choose which book to giveaway next. So we decided to let you choose!
Would you like to win:
1) Life In the Balance – The father-son team that authored this groundbreaking book consists of a well respected rabbi and a world-renowned psychologist. Together they present a refreshing view on life – and how to improve yours – drawing from the timeless wisdom of the Torah and the timely wisdom of modern psychology.
2) Living Emunah – Why do thousands of people tune in to listen to Rabbi David Ashear’s lectures on Emunah? Probably because they teach their readers how to live a worry free life. Who wouldn’t want that? You can experience the tranquility and peace that comes along with learning Emunah too…and this book will show you how.
3) We’re All In This Together – Rabbi Yissocher Frand is one of our generations most respected and sought-after lecturers and authors, and for good reason. His clear reasoning, his powerful way of presenting his ideas, his stories and humor – they’re all a part of why tens of thousands of people have been inspired by Rabbi Frand’s lessons. Now those lessons are presented in book form, with essays on timely topics related to the challenges that all of us face.
4) Let There Be Rain – With his Ohr Naava women’s learning center, Rabbi Zechariah Wallerstein has transformed the landscape of torah for women. And now he’s joined forces with one of today’s best-selling Torah authors, Rabbi Shimon Finkelman, to transform your life with a unique perspective on gratitude. Conveniently arranged for daily study, this is a book that will change your life.
Giveaway is over! Congratulations to Edwin Maltzman on winning Living Emunah!
So which one do you want? Tell us for your chance to win!
To enter the giveaway: Comment on this post letting us know which of these new books you would like to win. One winner will be chosen at random and we will send them the book of their choice. **Giveaway ends on Monday, September 22nd at 11:59 pm eastern time. Prize can be shipped within the USA. Winner will be notified via email and will have 48 hours to respond. Valid email address must be provided to claim prize. Limit one entry per person.
Make sure you never miss a giveaway, sale, or other exciting news – subscribe to our blog emails using the sidebar link on the right.
What are you thankful for? When was the last time you really though about gratitude? In this new release from ArtScroll, Let There Be Rain, popular teacher and lecturer Rabbi Zechariah Wallerstein teamed up with best-selling author Rabbi Shimon Finkelman … Continue reading
Imagine a life free of worry, of stress, of anxiety. This life could be yours, and Rabbi David Ashear’s new book, Living Emunah is here to show you how. Rabbi Ashear’s Daily Emunah talks have taken the world by storm. Thousands have internalized his life amazing lessons.
Now his life changing lessons are combined into ArtScroll’s newest masterpiece, and for this week’s free download, we’re giving our blog readers a chance to experience it this hot new release.
If you enjoyed this download, make sure to share it with a friend using one of the sharing icons below.
Rabbi Abraham J. Twerski is back with another insightful and inspirational book: Effective Living. Culled from his decades of experience as a renowned rabbi, a noted psychiatrist, and a best-selling author, Rabbi Twerski is here to teach us two very important facts: Change is hard. And change is possible.
This book will show you how it’s done. Learn to be more effective in your life, your relationships, and your Judaism.
For this week’s weekly Torah download, we are offering two sample chapters from Effective Living on the subject of Prayer. Download it, read it, be inspired, share it.
If you enjoy this series, please spread the word! Let your friends know that each week we offer a download on the Parashah and other relevant Torah topics on The Official ArtScroll Blog!
Please note: To serve you better, the ArtScroll.com website will be temporarily closed for system upgrade from Thursday July 3rd at 5:00 pm through Monday July 7th at 11:00 am. We regret any inconvenience this may cause. Orders can be faxed to 718-680-1875.
Rabbi Nachman Seltzer is renowned for his captivating stories, for their dramatic twists and turns and for their inspirational messages. In his newest release, 48, Seltzer brings his stories to the important topic of the 48 ways to Torah wisdom – and helps you incorporate these 48 ways into your own life.
Each of the 48 ways are explained in their own chapter, each featuring true stories of real people who have internalized and acted upon these messages.
This week’s free download is the chapter on the 25th way: Being Happy with One’s Lot. Enjoy the inspiration and insight in this chapter, then head on over to ArtScroll.com to get your copy so you can start learning the rest of the ways to acquire Torah wisdom.
The answer? GPS! Navigation for Your Soul. Translating the brilliant concepts of the Nesivos Shalom into contemporary and easy to understand terms, GPS! is your guide to navigating life’s challenges.
To give you an idea of the clever layout, engaging design and of course, thought-provoking content that are showcased in GPS!, we’re giving our readers an opportunity to download a sample chapter from this new book.
Click here to order a copy of GPS! Navigation For Your Soul. Don’t forget: you can get 20% off this book and all ArtScroll books during our June Sale!
**Did you enter our giveaway? One of our readers will win the chance to choose their own prize!*
Here at ArtScroll, we have so many exciting new releases. Too many, in fact, to choose just one title for our next giveaway! So instead…we’ll let you pick!
Which new title from ArtScroll would you like to win?
1) GPS: By Yaakov Shain and Avi Fishoff – Fun and authentic Torah, GPS takes the thought provoking and brilliant concepts of the Nesivos Shalom and “translates” them intocontemporary terms.
2) 48: By Rabbi Nachman Seltzer – People are following our Sages 48 ways to incorporate Torah into our lives. These are their stories.
3) Maran Harav Ovadia: By Rabbi Yehuda Heimowitz – An authoritative biography detailing the life of one of the great Torah leaders of our times.
4) Look What My Parents Give Me: By Sara Ginsburg – Teach your children the importance of respecting what their parents do through fun rhymes and cute illustrations.
5) Positive Word Power for Teens: By Chana Nestlebaum – Set up for daily study, this latest project from the Chofetz Chaim Heritage Foundation teaches teens the power of their words.
6) Imagine If: by Rabbi Zeegel - Imagine if Hashem hadn’t made the world so perfect. Imagine if you could teach your children important lessons through hilarious rhymes and adorable illustrations.
To enter the giveaway:
Comment on this post letting us know which of these new titles you would like to win.
Want another chance to win? Enter the contest on Facebook too!
**Giveaway ends on Monday, June 16th at 11:59 pm eastern time. Prize can be shipped within the USA. Winner will be notified via email. Valid email address must be provided to claim prize. Limit one entry per person on the blog and an additional entry per person is available on Facebook.
Exciting news! Today marks the start of ArtScroll’s June Sale! From now through June 24th, we’re offering a 20% discount on all of our books! That’s right – any book you want from ArtScroll.com is now 20% off!
Take a look at some of our new releases – now available at 20% off!
Maran Harav Ovadia by Rabbi Yehuda Heimowitz – Maran Harav Ovadia Yosef met with world leaders and politicians, as well as humble Jews seeking guidance and advice. He was the author of numerous seforim, the Sefardic Chief Rabbi of Israel…and the leader who revitalized the Sefardic community. This comprehensive biography allows a glimpse into one of the greatest rabbinical leaders of the last 100 years.
Living Kiddush Hashem by Rabbi Shraga Freedman – What exactly is a Kiddush Hashem? How do we sanctify Hashem’s name? This groundbreaking new volume presents practical strategies for making Kiddush Hashem an essential component of our lives.
Positive Word Power for Teens – Written especially for teenage readers, this fantastic new book will teach you the impact of the words you use and encourage kindness and sensitivity.
48 By Rabbi Nachman Seltzer – Our sages teach us 48 ways to make the Torah a part of us. 48 presents incredible true stories for each of these ways, told in the entertaining and education style of Rabbi Nachman Seltzer.
Touched by Their Faith by Rabbi Yechiel Spero – Uniquely touching and inspiring, tens out thousands of people have been inspired by Rabbi Spero’s stories. In his newest collection, we are treated to a wealth of stories that will uplift and encourage your faith.
This is just a small sampling of over 1800 titles available from ArtScroll – all at 20% off! Click here to shop.
**Last day to enter for your chance to win a complete ArtScroll Talmud – valued at $2999! Click here for your free entry!**
The latest release in our Made Easy cookbook series, Dairy Made Easy, is just in time to help you prepare your dairy meals for shavuos. To help you get started, we’ve prepared a sample menu, compiled from all four Made Easy cookbooks.
You can print the PDFs by clicking the links below, or you can scroll down for image files of the recipes. Make sure to read our helpful tips from the authors and the handy make-ahead and freezer guide!
Menu (Click the links for a downloadable PDF):
Make ahead and freezer friendly food guide:
Many of the recipes in Dairy Made Easy can be made ahead, making your Yom Tov prep much easier. Here is a list of make-ahead tips and instructions.
- Many appetizers that get fried such as Arancini Balls (page 28) and Broccoli Spring Rolls (page 30) can be prepared ahead and frozen, then fried fresh.
- Pizza doughs, such as the Bistro Style Pizza Dough (page 70) and the 30 minute Thin Crust Pizza Dough (page 72) can be prepared ahead and frozen, then defrosted before using.
- For the Roasted Veggie Galete (page 36), let it thaw completely before rewarming. If you try to reheat it straight from the freezer, the dough will thaw much faster than the veggies.
- Herbed Pull Apart Bread (page 79) can be prepared completely and frozen. Reheat before serving.
- Many blended soups, such as the Cauliflower and Lemon soup (page 50) and the Broccoli Cheddar soup (page 46) freeze nicely.
- To prepare the Baked Roasted Veggie Pasta (page 94) ahead, make each component separately and reheat them together just before serving.
- Pasta sauces (see chapter on pasta, starting on page 82) can be frozen up to a month. Cook the pasta fresh, and warm up together with the sauce.
- All desserts in Dairy Made Easy (other than Peanut Butter Crème Brule) can be frozen fully prepared.
- Three Cheese Quiche (page 34) can be frozen after baking and reheated just before serving.
- Calsones (page 90) freeze nicely. When you defrost them, leave uncovered for a crunchy dish, or cover it while reheating for a softer dish.
- Salad dressings can be made up to a week in advance and stored in the fridge.
Holiday Cooking Tips from Leah and Victoria:
There will be enough pastries to go around. Instead, prepare and serve a couple of (easy-to-make-ahead) frozen desserts. Shavuos signals the beginning of summer, and everyone will be appreciative when you bring refreshing treats out from the freezer. I’m making Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream (from Dairy Made Easy) in little mason jars and Rice Krispie Ice Cream Sandwiches (from Kids Cooking Made Easy) for the kids. – Victoria Dwek
Even if you’ll be preparing your meals fresh, get as many components as you can out of the way in advance. For example, prepare your salad dressings in advance. Balance your menu with items you can prep ahead, like Arancini balls (fry fresh!) and quick to assemble sides like cauliflower garlic bites. – Leah Schapira
Print or Share the Recipe Cards: