Shavuos is less then a week a week away! To help you get started, we’ve prepared a sample menu, compiled from some of our best-selling Cookbooks, with five free recipes you can download and print. Click here for your FREE recipe download
With Tishah B’Av approaching, we want to help our readers prepare to have a meaningful fast. This week we are sharing two free downloads that will make your Tishah B’Av more meaningful.
Kinnos for the Six Million Kedoshim
The destruction of the Six Million is our own generation’s stark connection to the eternal Tishah B’Av. Two great and inspiring spiritual leaders of our time, The Bobover Rebbe and Rav Shimon Schwab composed Kinnos lamenting and memorializing the unspeakable tragedy. Adopted by many congregations worldwide, these painful laments are read on Tishah B’Av.
Click here to download the excerpt from the Schottenstein Edition Interlinear Kinnos / Tishah B’Av Siddur.
A Portion of the Talmud Related to the Destruction of the Temple
On Tishah B ’Av, it is customary to study the interpersonal conflicts which led to the ruin of the Second Temple. One well-known source comes from the Schottenstein Edition…
View original post 56 more words
Just in Time For The Daf Hayomi Start of Bava Kamma!
ArtScroll has just released 3 New Volumes of the Schottenstein Hebrew Digital Edition of the Talmud – in time for the start of Bava Kamma.
This is in addition to three previous Schottenstein English Digital Edition of the Talmud volumes:
TRY IT FREE! Download Samples of the Schottenstein Digital Edition Tractate Bava Kamma for your Apple or Android devices in Either English or Hebrew editions. Click here for instructions on how to download 10 FREE BLATT.
Download free samples to experience the cutting edge interactive features of the ArtScroll Digital Library – Wasserman Digital Initiative.
- If you don’t have the the ArtScroll Digital Library app already – you can download the ArtScroll app from the App Store.
- Click here for download instructions for an Android device.
- Click here for download instructions for an Apple device.
- Note: Make sure that you have the latest version of the App installed in order for these instructions to work.
- Once the app is installed, open it and click on the menu button on the top left, then select the second option for the store.
- Click on the icon that says All Free Downloads.
- Scroll down to your choice of free downloads and click on the button that says “free” to begin your download.
- The free sample will now appear in your library. You can browse, learn end experience the interactive features of The ArtScroll Digital Library – Wasserman Digital Initiative.
After you try out the FREE samples – you can purchase a complete Volume or a complete set – in one of three ways – (see all purchasing options) :
- If you have purchased print versions of our our digital volumes you can get get special E-Book-2 Pricing – by purchasing directly on the ArtScroll Appstore Site http://appstore.artscroll.com. Read more about our E-Book-2 Program.
- If you have purchase individual volumes and you now want to upgrade to a complete set – you can upgrade and pay the difference ONLY on the http://appstore.artscroll.com site. Read more up about Set Upgrades
- The apple store or the google play store – purchases are made directly within the app . For instructions see http://kb.artscroll.com/article/AA-00217/166/
To View our online Manual and Knowledge base which describes all the features of the app and answers common questions please visit http://kb.artscroll.com
We love June! It means camps, colonies, and vacation trips finally on the horizon. It means barbeques and sunny days. And it means ArtScroll’s annual 20%-off-everything June sale!
We’ve got more than 2,000 titles to choose from – all at 20% off! Here is a sampling:
- The Schottenstein Edition Talmud Bavli is one of the greatest achievements in the history of Jewish publishing. Now you can get individual volumes – and a dream come true, the full 73-volume set, in either full or daf yomi size — at 20% off list price.
- Enhance your learning and your library with The Schottenstein Edition Talmud Yerushalmi and ArtScroll’s Mishnah editions – The Mishnah with Yad Avraham commentary, the Schottenstein Edition Mishnah Elucidated, and the Ryzman Edition Hebrew Mishnah at – you guessed it – 20% off.
- The Stone Chumash, which has become accepted throughout the world as the standard English translation and commentary — priceless Torah wisdom, at a great price.
- There is an ArtScroll Siddur to suit every need – classic, interlinear, full and pocket size, women’s siddur, Hebrew only, hard and softcover… And, yes, all siddurim are now available at the same great sale price.
- It’s June, graduation time! June grads (and especially girls gearing up for post-high school sems) will love a gift of the Sapirstein Edition Rashi or Ramban – and you’ll love the sale price!
- More than just a book, Living Emunah has become a life-changing phenomenon for tens of thousands – and Living Emunah 2 is following in its footsteps. Both books, in all formats, are available at this great 20%-off price.
- You haven’t yet read Incredible, the book everyone is talking about? Now you can enjoy Nachman Seltzer’s bestselling biography of Rabbi Yossi Wallis at (you guessed it) 20% off.
- Susie Fishbein – the woman who started the “kosher revolution” – does it again, with KBD Brings It Home the final, delicious cookbook in the Kosher By Design series. And for all those summer weddings, stock up on ArtScroll’s other gorgeous cookbooks by Susie Fishbein, Leah Schapira and Victoria Dwek, and Danielle Silver and Norene Gilletz. Great gifts, great food, at a great price.
Three cheers for summer! And twenty cheers for 20%-off sales!
For more information and to begin saving: http://www.artscroll.com
by Rabbi Dov Waller
The Eishes Chayil Haggadah is designed to enhance women’s appreciation for the miracles of Yetziyas Mitzrayim – and women’s vital role in those miracles.
- A rich commentary that emphasizes women’s contributions to the Exodus and Jewish life
- An abundance of absorbing stories to enhance the holiday
- Clear laws of Seder night, particularly those relevant to women
- Brief overviews of vital concepts, so busy women can quickly enrich their Seder
This magnificent volume makes a fantastic “thanks-for-working-so-hard” gift for your wife, mother, or hostess!
- Gilded page heads
- Ribbon marker
- Gorgeous copper-color hardcover
Don’t forget to place your pesach order to get it in time! Click here to shop all Pesach titles.
Stories that light a spark | by renowned story-teller Rabbi Yechiel Spero
- $30,000??? There was no way he could find the money. Until Rav Elyashiv zt”l gave him an idea
- Fleeing Arab gunfire, they found refuge in the first house they could enter. They couldn’t know that their Jewish destiny was awaiting them on the other side of the door
- For 70 years, he’d run away from his Yiddishkeit. And now? Now, he was ready to come back…
Ah, the Jewish spirit. It gives. It cares. It never surrenders. It’s determined and compassionate and generous. It heals wounds and repairs relationships. And it’s here, this eternal Jewish spirit, in these pages, in these stories, in the lives of men and women and children, some renowned, others ordinary people like you and me. Rabbi Yechiel Spero has been lifting our spirits and our hearts for many years, with his wonderful true stories. This new collection takes us across the globe and even into outer space. We find the Jewish spirit in a beis medrash, a hospital room — and waiting outside a monastery. The marvelous true stories of Touched by Their Spirit will certainly touch your spirit – and help it to soar ever upwards.
New: The Reb Moshe Haggadah:
Comments,rulings and minhagim of Hagaon Reb Moshe Feinstein – The Aryeh Family Edition
Compiled by Rabbi Shalom Meir Wallach – Translated by Malky Heimowitz
The Reb Moshe Haggadah beautifully captures the many facets of the gaon and posek hador: his brilliance in piskei halachah and Gemara; his insights and deep understanding of Torah hashkafah; his incredible diligence and his extraordinary compassion.
Much of the commentary is taken from Reb Moshe’s prolific writings on halachah, Chumash, and Talmud. Stories about Reb Moshe from dozens of other sources paint an inspiring and breathtaking portrait of a caring and empathetic leader who had a profound understanding and endless love for the Jews he led for so many decades.
When we read about the “Four Sons” we will hear Reb Moshe share his teachings on chinuch, child-rearing and Torah education. From a Shabbos HaGadol lecture given by Reb Moshe in 1922, we listen to him compare the merciless Communist regime where he lived to Pharaoh’s Egypt. From the Ten Plagues Reb Moshe offers us a new understanding of the power of free choice; from the Splitting of the Sea he points out a vital lesson in strengthening our faith.
We are taught that the voices of the great Torah scholars are not stilled even after their passing, and in these pages we can clearly hear the voice of the beloved Torah leader, HaGaon Reb Moshe Feinstein zt”l.
New Release by Rabbi Nachman Seltzer: Incredible! From the Bronx to Bnei Brak: The amazing true story of Rabbi Yossi Wallis
This is one of the most INCREDIBLE stories you will ever read! Meet Rabbi Yossi Wallis, CEO of Arachim, who…
– Starts life as a gang member in the mean streets of the Bronx
-Creates the first all-Jewish street gang, and gets tangled – and untangled – with the Mafia
-Finds his way back to Torah while waiting on line for a treife sandwich
-Demands – and receives – a formal apology from the Spanish government for the public burning of his ancestor, Rafael Vallis, in an auto-da-fe 500 years before
-Learns never to surrender – from his father, who would not beg for mercy, even with a noose around his neck at the gallows of Dachau
-Builds warm and personal relationships with a “who’s who” of gedolei Torah, while reaching secular businessmen, motorcyclists, and convicted prisoners.
All this and more – and that’s why this book is – absolutely INCREDIBLE!