4 FREE Pre-Pesach Downloads from ArtScroll to Enhance Your Yom Tov!
The Chasam Sofer Haggadah by Rabbi Yisroel Besser The Novominsk Haggadah by Rabbi Yecheskel Ostreicher The Chasam Sofer was one of the greatest rabbanim of his century, battling for Torah and heading one of Europe’s greatest yeshivahs. His halachic decisions, … Continue reading
Do you think that without a personal chef and home organizer, a stress-free Pesach is an impossible dream? Think again. Faigy Murray wants to be your personal chef. And your home organizer. She does it with her marvelous new cookbook, … Continue reading
TO DOWNLOAD, CLICK HERE: Your FREE Guide to Kashering for Pesach!
During these challenging times, ArtScroll is here to help you. As most retail stores are temporarily closed, and many of us are in lockdown, artscroll.com is offering free shipping on any order in the United States, with no minimum purchase … Continue reading
Here are “four questions” in honor of the upcoming Seder: One: Would you like the Seder to have an impact on your life? Two: Would you like the Seder to have an impact on the lives of your children? Your … Continue reading
AS: What were the origins of the A Taste of Pesach cookbooks? HL: We wanted to do a fundraising mailer for Yeshiva Meon Hatorah. We came up with the idea of mailing recipes — and hatt is something that works … Continue reading
by Rabbi Dov Waller
The Eishes Chayil Haggadah is designed to enhance women’s appreciation for the miracles of Yetziyas Mitzrayim – and women’s vital role in those miracles.
- A rich commentary that emphasizes women’s contributions to the Exodus and Jewish life
- An abundance of absorbing stories to enhance the holiday
- Clear laws of Seder night, particularly those relevant to women
- Brief overviews of vital concepts, so busy women can quickly enrich their Seder
This magnificent volume makes a fantastic “thanks-for-working-so-hard” gift for your wife, mother, or hostess!
- Gilded page heads
- Ribbon marker
- Gorgeous copper-color hardcover
Don’t forget to place your pesach order to get it in time! Click here to shop all Pesach titles.
New: The Reb Moshe Haggadah:
Comments,rulings and minhagim of Hagaon Reb Moshe Feinstein – The Aryeh Family Edition
Compiled by Rabbi Shalom Meir Wallach – Translated by Malky Heimowitz
The Reb Moshe Haggadah beautifully captures the many facets of the gaon and posek hador: his brilliance in piskei halachah and Gemara; his insights and deep understanding of Torah hashkafah; his incredible diligence and his extraordinary compassion.
Much of the commentary is taken from Reb Moshe’s prolific writings on halachah, Chumash, and Talmud. Stories about Reb Moshe from dozens of other sources paint an inspiring and breathtaking portrait of a caring and empathetic leader who had a profound understanding and endless love for the Jews he led for so many decades.
When we read about the “Four Sons” we will hear Reb Moshe share his teachings on chinuch, child-rearing and Torah education. From a Shabbos HaGadol lecture given by Reb Moshe in 1922, we listen to him compare the merciless Communist regime where he lived to Pharaoh’s Egypt. From the Ten Plagues Reb Moshe offers us a new understanding of the power of free choice; from the Splitting of the Sea he points out a vital lesson in strengthening our faith.
We are taught that the voices of the great Torah scholars are not stilled even after their passing, and in these pages we can clearly hear the voice of the beloved Torah leader, HaGaon Reb Moshe Feinstein zt”l.
You might not know the name Daniella Silver yet, but you’re about to! Daniella’s upcoming cookbook is scheduled for release on May 6th.
Daniella Silver, a fresh face in the world of Kosher Cookbooks, has teamed up with famed Kosher cookbook author Norene Gilletz to create this phenomenal new cookbook that delivers over 160 wholesome, family-friendly recipes that you’ll make again and again.
The Silver Platter is scheduled for release on May 6th, but we’re giving our blog readers a bonus Pesach recipe from Daniella Silver, to give you a taste of her recipes. Daniella’s cooking style is all about taking simple ingredients and turning them into spectacular and wholesome meals.Here’s a bonus recipe from Daniella Silver, author of the forthcoming cookbook, The Silver Platter. This phenomenal yet easy side dish recipe is great for Passover – and year round!
With their crispy golden crust and a creamy whipped center flecked with fresh scallions, these Garlicky Potato Mounds are an elevated take on classic comfort food. Serve two mounds per plate for an elegant presentation.
pareve | passover | gluten-free | freezes well | yields 10-12 mounds
4-5 medium potatoes, (Idaho or Yukon Gold), peeled and cut into chunks
4-5 cloves garlic
1/2 cup (approximately) vegetable broth
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 scallions, thinly sliced
- In a large saucepan, combine potatoes and garlic. Add enough lightly salted water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Remove from heat; drain well.
- Return potatoes and garlic to saucepan and place back on the heat for 1-2 minutes to evaporate any excess moisture. Remove from heat.
- Mash potatoes and garlic until smooth. Gradually blend in broth, oil, salt, and pepper. Whip until light and creamy. Stir in scallions.
- Line a rimmed baking with parchment paper.
- Using an ice-cream scoop, scoop rounded mounds of potato mixture onto prepared baking sheet. (Can be made in advance up to this point.)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes, until crusty.
- Dry, mealy potatoes have high starch content and are perfect for baked or mashed potatoes. Waxy potatoes have lower starch content and are best for boiling, scalloped potatoes, or potato salad.
- If you don’t know which type of potato you have, put it in a brine of 2 Tbsp salt dissolved in 1½ cups cold water. Mealy potatoes will sink; waxy ones will float.
- If your potatoes are tinged with green, cut off and discard any green parts. The green layer under the skin is called solanin and is poisonous.
Recipe by Daniella Silver, author of the upcoming cookbook, The Silver Platter, coming 5/6/15. © ArtScroll/Mesorah Publications
The Silver Platter features:
- Over 160 wholesome, family-friendly recipes that you’ll make again and again
- Turn fresh, healthy, and easy to find ingredients into spectacular dishes
- Mouthwatering full-color photo accompanies every recipe
- Each recipe includes cooking tips, techniques, and advice from best-selling cookbook author Norene Gilletz
- Many recipes are naturally gluten-free or offer a gluten-free option
- Nutritional information included for every recipe
Stay tuned for more information on the book, an interview with Daniella, and giveaways!
If you liked this post, your friends will too! Please share it using any of the social sharing options below.