In Stories that Unite Our Hearts, master storyteller Rabbi Binyomin Pruzansky shares incredible true stories, such as:
- A man’s car breaks down in front of a rabbi’s house on Shabbos, and his life takes a u-turn towards Torah.
- Hurricane Sandy’s storm surge meets up with Jewish chesed… and chesed, as always, wins the battle.
- A rebbe discovers that he can reach a boy’s broken heart …with sushi.
We live in a world that often focuses on differences, one that fosters divisiveness. You think this, I believe that. You dress one way, I dress differently. You are you, I am I. Separate. Divided. And yet and yet If only we would see how much unites us. How much we are one people, children of one Father.
In this new and luminous collection, Rabbi Pruzansky once again touches our hearts, leaving us feeling joyful, proud, and deeply inspired.
The Story of Reb Moshe: A New Generation Meets the Gadol V’Posek HaDor Rav Moshe Feinstein
By Rabbi Shimon Finkelman
Rav Moshe was a living legend – the young ilui, the posek, the revered gadol ha’dor, the leader who was there for everyone. In these pages young readers meet little Moshe, who loved Torah learning and gave up playing chess because he didn’t want other children to lose. They’ll meet Rav Moshe, the rabbi who courageously stood up to the Communists, and who learned from Europe’s greatest rabbis and brought their teachings to America. Rav Moshe, the man who shaped our Torah lives even today.
With many photos and unpublished stories, this is a book that will fascinate, entertain, and inspire our youth.
Free shipping offer ends midnight on Monday, December 21st.
*Free shipping offer on books only. Other items ship free with minimum purchase of $49.
With so many great new releases from ArtScroll, there’s something for everyone this Chanukah! Here’s your chance to win your favorite!
That’s right! Here’s your chance to choose your own prize from Eight of ArtScroll’s popular new releases!
Would you like to win…
1. Everyday Secret Restaurant Recipes by Leah Schapira and Victoria Dwek
2. Living Emunah Volume 2 by Rabbi David Ashear
3. Class Acts Volume 2 by Rabbi Nachman Seltzer
4. A Handful of Stars by C.B. Weinfeld
5. From Their Daughters Hearts by Estie Florans
6. Great Jewish Treasures by Rabbi Moshe Bamberger
7. The Story of Reb Moshe by Rabbi Shimon Finkelman
8. Letters to My Children by Rabbi Abraham J. Twerski, M.D.
To enter the giveaway, simply leave a comment on this post telling us which of the amazing new titles listed above you’d like to win.
Giveaway ends on Monday, December 14th at 11:59 pm eastern time.
**Giveaway ends Monday, December 14th at 11:59 pm eastern time. One winner will receive the new book of their choice. Prize can be shipped within the USA. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via email. Valid email address must be provided to claim prize. Winner will have 48 hours to answer or another winner will be chosen. Limit one entry per person. All discounts off of list price. Sale ends 12/28/15.
In honor of Chanukah, we are sharing a selection of recipes from ArtScroll’s popular cookbooks. We’ve hand-selected a variety of treats to enhance your chanukah parties and please your families.
Churros from T Fusion – Everyday Secret Restaurant Recipes
This popular dessert makes a great alternative to donuts this chanukah!
Click here to download and print the recipe for Churros from Everyday Secret Restaurants
Click here to purchase Everyday Secret Restaurant Recipes by Leah Schapira and Victoria Dwek
Lemon Olive Oil Biscotti – Something Sweet
Olive oil is a theme on chanukah, so enjoy it in these light and refreshing cookies.
Click here to download and print the recipe for Lemon Olive Oil Biscotti from Something Sweet
Click here to purchase Something Sweet by Miriam Pascal
Parsnip Potato Latkes – The Silver Platter
This Chanukah, try this delicious and modern twist on a traditional favorite!
Click here to download and print the recipe for Parsnip Potato Latkes from The Silver Platter
Click here to purchase The Silver Platter by Daniella Silver and Norene Gilletz
Smoked Short Rib Tacos from Reserve Cut – Secret Restaurant Recipes
These elegant appetizers will be the star of your Chanukah party!
Click here to download and print the recipe for Smoked Short Rib Tacos from Secret Restaurant Recipes
Click here to purchase Secret Restaurant Recipes by Leah Schapira and Victoria Dwek
Looking for a great Chanukah gift? Shop ArtScroll’s selection of best-selling Kosher cookbooks.
ArtScroll.com‘s new loyalty program is simple: earn reward dollars in three easy steps!
How Does it Work?
You earn 1 point for every dollar you spend at ArtScroll.com or by phone at 800-MESORAH. For every 200 points you earn, you are eligible to receive a $10 reward coupon towards a future purchase. From time to time we will run special promotions where you can earn extra points, giving you the opportunity to earn even more reward points!
How Many Loyalty Points Do I Have?
You can always check your point balance by logging into your account at ArtScroll.com and viewing your current points total on the right side of the header.
How Do I Redeem My Points?
During check out there will be an option on the payment page to redeem your rewards. When you are logged into your account, your point balance will appear on the upper right hand corner of the site. Click the link and there is a button on the page to redeem your points. This reward coupon will be applied as payment towards your order.
One Week Special: Earn Double Points!
That’s right! For just this week, you can earn TWO points for every dollar you spend at ArtScroll.com!
Bonus offer: Not an ArtScroll.com customer yet? Sign up today and get 25 bonus points automatically added to your account!
Click here to view all loyalty program terms and conditions.Double points offer expires midnight on Sunday, Novermber 1st.
For one day only, ArtScroll is offering free shipping on all books – with no minimum! Combine that with ArtScroll’s 20% off June sale, and there are lots of savings to be had. Make sure to use the promo code freeship at checkout.
20% off of list price. Free shipping on books only. Offer ends Midnight, June 8th, 2015. Must use promo code FREESHIP at checkout and select the free shipping option.
ArtScroll’s newest cookbook, The Silver Platter, is scheduled for release later this week, and we’re confident that you’re going to enjoy it, and make the recipes again and again.
Some of the amazing features of The Silver Platter:
•Over 160 wholesome, family-friendly recipes that you’ll make again and again
•Turn fresh, healthy, and easy to find ingredients into spectacular dishes
•Mouthwatering full-color photo accompanies every recipe
•Each recipe includes cooking tips, techniques, and advice from best-selling cookbook author Norene Gilletz
•Many recipes are naturally gluten-free or offer a gluten-free option
•Nutritional information included for every recipe
Can’t wait for the release to start cooking from this wonderful book? Here’s a sample recipe to keep you going until your copy arrives!
Reproduced from The Silver Platter, by Daniella Silver with Norene Gilletz, with permission from the copyright holders, ArtScroll/Mesorah Publications.
Click here for a downloadable version of Balsamic Braised Brisket from The Silver Platter
meat | passover | gluten-free | freezes well | yields 8-10 servings
1 beef brisket (4-5 lb /1.8-2.3 kg)
2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp onion powder
1 Tbsp garlic powder
2 Tbsp olive oil
3 large onions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 can (6 oz/170 g) tomato paste
2 Tbsp honey
3 bay leaves
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
3/4 cup dry red wine or water
- Coat a large roasting pan with nonstick cooking spray. Add brisket; sprinkle with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Rub brisket with spices to coat on all sides.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté onions for 5 minutes, until softened. Stir in parsley, tomato paste, honey, bay leaves, vinegar, and wine. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Let cool.
- Pour sauce over, around, and under the brisket. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Bake, covered, for 3-3½ hours or until meat is fork-tender. Calculate 45 minutes per pound to determine the cooking time. Discard bay leaves. Let cool.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight. Discard hardened fat from gravy. Trim excess fat from brisket. Slice against the grain to desired thickness.
- Reheat, covered, in pan gravy at 350°F for 25-30 minutes.
- Slow Cooker Method: Season brisket and prepare sauce as above; add to slow cooker insert coated with nonstick cooking spray. Marinate overnight in the refrigerator. Place insert into slow cooker; cook on on low for 8-10 hours.
- Ask your butcher to cut a very large brisket (8 lb/3.6 kg) in half. Total cooking time will be the same as for one 4 lb/1.8 kg brisket.
- Brisket should be cooked “low and slow,” with lots of onions. The internal temperature should not rise above 180°F on a meat thermometer; after it reaches 200°F, the brisket will become dry.
Giveaway is now over. Congrats to Joe Green on winning this set!
In honor of ArtScroll’s Big Set Sale, we are celebrating with some giveaways on some of our best-selling sets.
Our first giveaway prize is a complete set of the Sapirstein Edition Rashi! Scroll down to the bottom of this post for your chance to win!
This full-size, five volume slipcased set is valued at $149.99, and is treasured all over the world for it’s valuable features, including:
- Chumash text, translated according to Rashi
- The full and accurate text of Rashi and Onkelos
- The literal translation of Rashi, highlighted and interwoven with explanatory words and phrases to ease and clarify the flow of Rashi’s text
- Notes on Rashi, including questions, answers, sources, and elucidations
- Written by an expert on Rashi, in collaboration with a group of outstanding scholars
- 7″ x 10″ page size
- Reinforced binding for teachers, students, parents and anyone seeking a clear and thorough knowledge of Chumash-Rashi.
Shop this set, and over 50 additional best-selling sets and save 30% off the list price! Hurry, this once-a-year sale ends on 5/19/15!
Don’t forget: all ArtScroll.com orders over $49 ship free within the USA!
Giveaway is now over! Congrats to Joe Green on winning this set!
Enter to win: Leave a comment on this post about an ArtScroll title or set that has impacted your life.
Note: This is the first of a couple of Set-Sale giveaways, so keep visiting The Official ArtScroll Blog to make sure you don’t miss any of your chances to win!
**Giveaway ends at 11:59 pm eastern time on Wednesday, May 6th. One winner will receive the complete set of the full-sized Sapirstein Edition Rashi. Prize can be shipped within the USA. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via email. Valid email address must be provided to claim prize. Winner will have 48 hours to answer or another winner will be chosen. Limit one entry per person.