When our ancestors were in the Wilderness, a month after the Exodus from Egypt, they faced a tomorrow with no food. Justifiably, they asked Moshe if he had taken them into the desert to starve to death. Hashem responded that … Continue reading
Tag Archives: Free Downloads
New from Rabbi Yechiel Spero: Touched by Their Spirit + Free Download
New: Touched by Their Spirit
Stories that light a spark | by renowned story-teller Rabbi Yechiel Spero
- $30,000??? There was no way he could find the money. Until Rav Elyashiv zt”l gave him an idea
- Fleeing Arab gunfire, they found refuge in the first house they could enter. They couldn’t know that their Jewish destiny was awaiting them on the other side of the door
- For 70 years, he’d run away from his Yiddishkeit. And now? Now, he was ready to come back…
Ah, the Jewish spirit. It gives. It cares. It never surrenders. It’s determined and compassionate and generous. It heals wounds and repairs relationships. And it’s here, this eternal Jewish spirit, in these pages, in these stories, in the lives of men and women and children, some renowned, others ordinary people like you and me. Rabbi Yechiel Spero has been lifting our spirits and our hearts for many years, with his wonderful true stories. This new collection takes us across the globe and even into outer space. We find the Jewish spirit in a beis medrash, a hospital room — and waiting outside a monastery. The marvelous true stories of Touched by Their Spirit will certainly touch your spirit – and help it to soar ever upwards.
Click here to view, print or download sample stories from Touched by Their Spirit
Click here to purchase Touched by Their Spirit
Click here for all titles by Rabbi Yechiel Spero
Download Six Free Recipes from ArtScroll’s Popular Cookbooks
This Yom Tov, let ArtScroll’s popular cookbooks enhance your menus. With recent releases such as Something Sweet, The Silver Platter and Secret Restaurant Recipes, you’re going to find something perfect to enhance your menus. We’ve picked six fantastic recipes to share from these cookbooks, so download them, share them, and enjoy them.
Appetizer: Duck Spring Roll from Secret Restaurant Recipes
Click here to view, print or download the recipe for Duck Spring Rolls
Soup: Sweet Potato Soup from Secret Restaurant Recipes
Click here to view, print or download the recipe for Sweet Potato Soup
Click here to purchase Secret Restaurant Recipes
Main: Honey Roasted Chicken with Squash and Onions from The Silver Platter
Click here to view, print or download the recipe for Honey Roasted Chicken with Squash and Onions
Side: Sweet Potato Scallop from The Silver Platter
Click here to view, print or download the recipe for Sweet Potato Scallop
Click here to purchase The Silver Platter
Dessert: Pomegranate Cupcakes from Something Sweet
Click here to view, print or download the recipe for Pomegranate Cupcake
Hot Gooey Caramel Pie from Something Sweet
Click here to view, print or download the recipe for Hot Gooey Caramel Pie
Click here to purchase Something Sweet
Click here to shop all ArtScroll cookbooks.
Shavuos Cooking Made Easy!
The latest release in our Made Easy cookbook series, Dairy Made Easy, is just in time to help you prepare your dairy meals for shavuos. To help you get started, we’ve prepared a sample menu, compiled from all four Made Easy cookbooks.
You can print the PDFs by clicking the links below, or you can scroll down for image files of the recipes. Make sure to read our helpful tips from the authors and the handy make-ahead and freezer guide!
Menu (Click the links for a downloadable PDF):
Pomegranate and Apple Salad with Creamy Parmesan Dressing
Roasted Tomato and Eggplant Soup
Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
Make ahead and freezer friendly food guide:
Many of the recipes in Dairy Made Easy can be made ahead, making your Yom Tov prep much easier. Here is a list of make-ahead tips and instructions.
- Many appetizers that get fried such as Arancini Balls (page 28) and Broccoli Spring Rolls (page 30) can be prepared ahead and frozen, then fried fresh.
- Pizza doughs, such as the Bistro Style Pizza Dough (page 70) and the 30 minute Thin Crust Pizza Dough (page 72) can be prepared ahead and frozen, then defrosted before using.
- For the Roasted Veggie Galete (page 36), let it thaw completely before rewarming. If you try to reheat it straight from the freezer, the dough will thaw much faster than the veggies.
- Herbed Pull Apart Bread (page 79) can be prepared completely and frozen. Reheat before serving.
- Many blended soups, such as the Cauliflower and Lemon soup (page 50) and the Broccoli Cheddar soup (page 46) freeze nicely.
- To prepare the Baked Roasted Veggie Pasta (page 94) ahead, make each component separately and reheat them together just before serving.
- Pasta sauces (see chapter on pasta, starting on page 82) can be frozen up to a month. Cook the pasta fresh, and warm up together with the sauce.
- All desserts in Dairy Made Easy (other than Peanut Butter Crème Brule) can be frozen fully prepared.
- Three Cheese Quiche (page 34) can be frozen after baking and reheated just before serving.
- Calsones (page 90) freeze nicely. When you defrost them, leave uncovered for a crunchy dish, or cover it while reheating for a softer dish.
- Salad dressings can be made up to a week in advance and stored in the fridge.
Holiday Cooking Tips from Leah and Victoria:
There will be enough pastries to go around. Instead, prepare and serve a couple of (easy-to-make-ahead) frozen desserts. Shavuos signals the beginning of summer, and everyone will be appreciative when you bring refreshing treats out from the freezer. I’m making Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream (from Dairy Made Easy) in little mason jars and Rice Krispie Ice Cream Sandwiches (from Kids Cooking Made Easy) for the kids. – Victoria Dwek
Even if you’ll be preparing your meals fresh, get as many components as you can out of the way in advance. For example, prepare your salad dressings in advance. Balance your menu with items you can prep ahead, like Arancini balls (fry fresh!) and quick to assemble sides like cauliflower garlic bites. – Leah Schapira
Print or Share the Recipe Cards:
Click here to buy Dairy Made Easy
Click here for the entire Made Easy Series