In the two years since its release, over fifty thousand users have discovered the ArtScroll App and the Wasserman Digital Initiative. With interactive features and the ability to carry multiple Talmud volumes in the palm of their hands, the Schottenstein Digital Edition Talmud Bavli has transformed the way people learn Talmud on the go.
And now, after years of development, we’re happy to announce that the Wasserman Digital Initiative is expanding. No longer is the ArtScroll Digital Library focused on the Talmud alone. With two new digital editions now available, and multiple new projects on the way, the ArtScroll App is opening the doors of learning and Torah study for hosts of new users.
The Kleinman Digital Edition Kitzur Shulchan Aruch for iOS and Android devices:
Carry all five volumes of the renowned Kleinman Edition Kitzur Shulchan Aruch in the palm of your hand, while having access to the groundbreaking and interactive features of the ArtScroll digital library – at less than half the cost of the print edition.
The Jaffa Digital Edition Mesillas Yesharim/Way of the Upright for iOS and Android devices:
Combine the classic phrase-by-phrase translation and explanatory notes that the Jaffa Edition Mesillas Yesharim is known for with the state-of-the art innovative digital features of the ArtScroll app, for less than half the price of the print version.
In addition to the popular features of the print editions, such as the fully vowelized text, clear translations, detailed appendices, and ArtScroll’s trademark phrase-by-phrase elucidation, the new digital editions of the Kleinman Edition Kitzur Shulchan Aruch and the Jaffa Edition Mesillas Yesharim feature fantastic new interactive features:
- Need the translation of a Hebrew word? Simply tap on the word and watch its translation appear.
- Using the English translation and footnotes feature? Watch them scroll synchronously as you scroll through the Hebrew text.
- When you look up an entry in the Table of Contents, you don’t need to scroll or flip to your desired page. Simply tap on the Table of Contents entry and you’ll go right to the page you want. This feature works for the footnotes and index as well.
- Talmudic references don’t need to send you to the bookshelf to pull out another volume. Tap on a footnote and you can bring up the portion of the Talmud it references.
- With the digital editions, you can add notes, bookmarks and highlights, and you can view them on your other devices.
Future digital editions:
It doesn’t end here! Our team of programmers and scholars continues to collaborate on these upcoming projects:
Wasserman Digital Edition Siddur: a “super” smart siddur, coming to the ArtScroll Digital Library at the end of 2014
Stone Digital Edition Tanach: In development … stay tuned for details.
Sapirstein Digital Edition Chumash and Rashi: In development … stay tuned for details